DHL Express would in future like to offer you greater protection against misuse of your DHL Express customer numbers by unauthorised senders. To this end, DHL Express Germany has implemented a new, globally-defined rule. The process involves a series of security rules for picking up your DHL Express shipments at home and abroad.
We therefore ask you to note the following rules when sending parcels with DHL Express:
Pick-up by DHL Import Services abroad
For DHL Import Services shipments, your 96x or 95x customer number will in future only enable you to order a pick-up if one of the following criteria is satisfied:
- The sender is a contract customer of DHL Express in the country of pick-up
- The sender can unequivocally name your company name and the country in which your company is based
- The sender can prove via a routing order that he has been authorised by you to send shipments using your customer number to the desired recipient address
- The DHL Express customer services team has been able to authorise transport within 2 days with you via a research order
- You commissioned shipping and pick-up via the DHL IMPORT EXPRESS ONLINE e-solution or in person via DHL Express customer services.
Re 2.: In this case, it must in particular be noted that, in the case of third party (e.g. sending from France to Germany, where the recipient is a different contract partner in Germany) or third country (e.g. third-country sending from France to England, with the customer in Germany paying) shipments, the sender must be aware of the required data relating to the DHL Import Express contract partner. Points 1, 3, 4 and 5 apply in the same way.
Re 3.: The routing order is a document that authorises shipment to a specific recipient. The routing order must either be made out by the holder of the customer number or a member of the DHL sales team and be shown on request to the customer services team in the country of pick-up via fax or to the collecting courier.
No pick-up in public places
Any pick-up in public places, such as meeting points at airports, car parks, restaurants, petrol stations or outside company premises, will in future no longer be permitted. Trade fair and congress event venues and hotels are not affected by this rule.
Please especially inform any of your senders abroad who may wish to use third party / third country Import Services of these rules. You find the routing orders for your Import Services senders here.