Export and Import Facts
- Estimated export volume for 2010 was US$508.7 billion
- Leading exports include machinery and transportation equipment, aircraft, plastics, chemicals, pharmaceutical products, iron and steel, and beverages
- Estimated import volume for 2010 was US$577.7 billion
- Leading imports include machinery and equipment, vehicles, crude oil, aircraft, plastics, and chemicals
- For both exports and imports, France's largest trading partners are located in Western Europe; it is the second-largest trading nation in the region, after Germany.
Export/ Import Resources
France is very open to international trade and ranks eighth worldwide on the list of favorite destinations for foreign direct investments. The resources in this section can help you to become more familiar with issues related to entry into this large market.
France's bilateral chambers of commerce offer some opportunities for networking that can help you establish new connections with importers in France or with businesses in other countries whose goods you want to import.