The U.S. Commercial Service of the U.S. Department of Commerce describes the Nordic region, including Norway, as "a sophisticated marketplace considered worldwide to be an excellent test market for new products and easy-to-enter market for new-to-export companies. English is widely spoken, business agreements are reliable and the infrastructure is first rate." The following resources can help you explore your potential in this high-potential market.
Export and Import Facts
- Norway's 2007 exports totaled US$159.2 billion f.o.b., and its imports for the year totaled US$104.7 billion f.o.b
Export/ Import Resources
The Ministry of Trade and Industry provides this overview of such topics as:
- Trade with selected regions and countries
- Export trends over the past 20 years
- Main export goods
- Direct investments in companies in Norway and abroad; expansion abroad
- Value creation over the past 20 years
- The employment structure in industry
- Some key bodies in the industrial-policy system
The Norwegian Ministry of Trade and Industry provides this website as a resource for learning about Norway's free trade agreements and declarations of cooperation with dozens of countries.
Check this site, which is maintained by Norway's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, for the latest news, announcements and texts of speeches related to foreign trade policy.
Norway's bilateral chambers of commerce offer some opportunities for networking that can help you establish new connections with importers in Norway or with businesses in other countries whose goods you want to import.