UK Trade & Investment, a division of the government of the United Kingdom, reports, "Turkey is the world's 15th and Europe's 6th largest economy. Turkey's GNP is expected to surpass Australia's in 2008, and it is predicted that Turkey will be one of the world's 10 largest economies by 2050."
Export and Import Facts
- Turkey’s 2007 export volume was US$107.2 billion
- Major exports include textiles and apparel, industrial machinery, iron and steel, electronics, petroleum products and motor vehicles
- Its 2007 imports totaled US$170.1 billion
- Major imports include petroleum, machinery, motor vehicles, electronics, iron, steel, plastics and precious metals. Its primary trading partners are Germany, the U.S., Italy, France, Russia, Japan, the Netherlands and the U.K
Export/ Import Resources
The Turkish Embassy in Washington, D.C. prepared this English-language resource, which provides answers to questions regarding Turkey’s:
- Import and export regimes
- Major imports and exports
- Documents required for importing
- Incentives available for foreign countries
- Time and procedures for establishing a business
Turkey's bilateral chambers of commerce offer opportunities for networking that can help you establish new connections with importers in Argentina. The following resources can help you explore your potential in this thriving market.