By working closely with you across all disciplines, we then jointly design a holistic supply chain solution that can create real value for your business.
Before proposing a solution, our approach is to understand your underlying business issues and needs. Many customers come to us with a business problem, and not necessarily a supply chain problem. We listen and help them identify growth objectives, key customers, profitability goals, competitive issues, and cost service trade offs. It's the best way to see where their supply chain, revenue, and profitability intersect.
Complete and send us the following contact form
Design, Implement, Operate and Improve your Supply Chain
- Solution design is the art and science of analyzing your supply chain and finding ways to improve it. The key is knowing what to look for and where to look.
- We study all aspects of your logistics operations, and use proprietary tools that reveal hidden problems and opportunities.
- We work with you to determine the optimal network solution for your business - optimizing operating costs, transportation, and inventory. We start with end demand and work backwards through manufacturing and supply to identify the most logical locations and transportation options
- No one has designed more facilities and distribution operations than DHL. We understand that successful facilities are about more than the space, and successful distribution operations are about more than pure transportation. It's about how people, processes. Technology, facilities, vehicles and systems come together to create a best-in-class operation. From conventional use to fully mechanized operations, from dedicated fleet operations to shared use and sub-contracted transport, our analysis drives solutions that, quite simply, work.
DePICT Project Management Methodology
Through our DePICT project management methodology, we ensure that the design is implemented on time, on budget and becomes an operational reality.
- Fail to plan and you're planning to fail. You've heard it before. We know it's a fact. That's why DHL has made project management a core discipline and key differentiator. We've designed, from the ground up, a proprietary management approach that simply works better.
- We know that one missed deadline can jeopardize the entire outcome. So we do more than delegate responsibilities. We define roles, risks, expectations, scope, the critical path and goals in incredible detail, then monitor projects so closely that we can anticipate and respond to risks and opportunities before they happen, which is key to keeping a project on track.
Our performance metrics provide DHL management with the tools and information necessary to understand every element of your organization's performance. Through performance measurement we:
- Engage operational teams in the review of daily process metrics
- Provide visibility to the processes in need of attention
- Understand the voice of the customer.
As part of the management review process, scorecards and dashboards are reviewed, discussion is provoked, attention is drawn to the defects, and opportunities are identified for improvement initiatives.
Based on ISO 9001:2000 principles, our quality assurance approach emphasizes customer focus, associate involvement, and continual improvement. Each site completes a monthly scorecard. The results are reviewed by senior management to identify successes and opportunities for improvement.
How DHL quality assurance is different:
- We provide structure and mechanisms that establish predictable and compliant performance.
- Training tools and documentation provide clear direction to your associates.
- We advocate and demand quality for our customers as well as our own business
- With a quality program in place, you will meet or exceed customer expectations, performance objectives, and comply with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- We hold active certifications for standards such as ISO 9001:2000, TS 16949, ISO 14001, ISO 13485 and others. The robustness and flexibility of the quality management system provides the structure to achieve compliance with most regulatory and standards agency requirements.
Process improvement is a constant at DHL, because the changing business environment means that there is no such thing as a one-time solution.
- The minute your supply chain is perfected, your business will change and our focus as your partner will need to change with it. Our proactive approach to ongoing, incremental improvement is part of what sets DHL apart from the competition
- To keep your supply chain operations ahead of the curve, DHL relies on a proven Process Improvement methodology (DMAIC - Define, Measure, Analyze, Implement and Control) based upon lean manufacturing and six sigma approaches. From re-engineering initiatives to continuous improvement workshops, we work with you to identify specific opportunities such as raising customer satisfaction or reducing process defects.
DHL is the world's number one contract logistics provider. We have a major presence in all regions of the world.
- International expertise across industry sectors
- A commitment to deliver consistently excellent operations in every geography
- Common processes for project management and continuous improvement.
Value Added Services
DHL warehousing solutions are not just about holding stock. We also provide a range of value added services including co-packing, customization, and pre-retail activities to name just a few.
Supply Chain Solutions
From planning, sourcing, production, storage, configuration and delivery to after-sales, our customers can rely on us to provide robust solutions that work for any industry, in any environment, no matter how demanding.