In-plant logistics covers movements within the manufacturing plant of raw materials, components and sub-assemblies - either to or from stocking points or line-sides, for turning into finished goods, as well as bringing finished products out to the factory gate. DHL can support your team, or even be your team, by handling such tasks as labor management, yard management, railcar switching, and cleaning, among others.
DHL in-plant services help you cut costs, increase productivity, and get the best out of your most valuable resource: your people. DHL believes that all processes in the plant should be considered holistically and integrated with external logistics systems. To avoid the tendency to shift costs from one area to another, we analyze the complete system, including how the plant interfaces with inbound to manufacturing and outbound logistics.
DHL is dedicated to achieving the highest level of operating safety on your site. We invest substantial time building consistent processes and training to achieve our goal of zero recordable incidents.
Complete and send us the following contact form
- Design and layout of production facilities for optimum materials flow
- Design and implementation of storage and handling systems
- Design and commissioning of IT/visibility systems
- Storage and distribution
- Line-side feeding
- Yard management
- Container management
- Returnable asset management (e.g. tote bins)
- Sample packing and shipping
- Transportation scheduling and dispatch
- Introduction of best-in-class logistics processes and procedures into the factory environment
How we work
DHL is the ideal supply chain and business partner for your company, because we adapt each stage of the supply chain to your individual corporate objectives.
- Developing your solution
- Implementing your objectives
- Achieving your results
DHL is the world's number one contract logistics provider. We have a major presence in all regions of the world.
- International expertise across industry sectors
- A commitment to deliver consistently excellent operations in every geography
- Common processes for project management and continuous improvement.