We are delighted that you have decided to visit our LinkedIn account/fanpage and are interested in our company and our products and services. Please find below information on some aspects of data protection law in relation to your visit to our fanpage.
- We have sole responsibility for the content provided by us on this page.
- According to the agreement that applies to us and LinkedIn (the Page Insights Joint Controller Addendum), each of the joint controllers must fulfil its information obligations itself.
- To exercise your rights as a data subject (see No. 4), please contact one of the controllers of the insights data. If we receive a request which falls within the sphere of responsibility of LinkedIn, we will forward this on to LinkedIn for further processing.
- In addition, firstly we have no influence on data processing carried out by LinkedIn, and secondly, we are unable to ascertain the extent to which, the purposes for which and the duration for which the data are stored by LinkedIn and, where applicable, are analysed, linked and forwarded to third parties. If you wish to contact us directly, i.e. without using LinkedIn, please use the contact details provided on our website.
2. Who is responsible for the data processing?
Deutsche Post AG, Charles-de-Gaulle Str. 20, 53113 Bonn, Germany is the controller of the information that it provides and of the processing operations for which it is responsible.
Our data protection officers can be contacted at:
Deutsche Post AG
Insofar as it concerns the processing of personal data in events for page insights (insights data), LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company ("LinkedIn Ireland"), as the provider of LinkedIn in the countries of the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) as well as Switzerland, is also the controller of the data processing in addition to us. Joint processing is carried out on the basis of an agreement between the joint controllers pursuant to Article 26 GDPR.
3. What data do we process and how and why do we process your data?
3.1 Data processing of page insights for statistical purposes
LinkedIn provides us with page insights for our fanpage. Page insights are anonymous statistics that are created based on specific events and are recorded by LinkedIn when fanpage visitors like you perform actions on our fanpage. We can use the page insights, which do not contain any personal data, to identify which types of content are requested particularly frequently by which group of persons. We can then optimise the presentation of our fanpage. This constitutes a legitimate interest in the processing that takes place (processing of personal data in events for page insights). The legal basis for data processing within the context of the page insights is Article 6 (1) lit. f) GDPR.
You can change the settings of your LinkedIn advertising preferences in your LinkedIn account at https://www.linkedin.com/campaignmanager/accounts/508274196/campaign-groups and at https://www.linkedin.com/campaignmanager/accounts/508015026/campaign-groups
3.2 Data processing in the event of contact and other communication
We process personal information if you make contact with us, e.g. via a contact form or comment. These data are used solely for the purpose of answering the matter in hand, for making contact and for the associated technical administration, and provided that no other statutory or contractual retention periods apply, are used for a maximum of two years in order to prove proper processing and the further optimisation of services.
Our legitimate interest lies in processing your request properly and as quickly as possible. The legal basis for such processing is Article 6 (1) lit. f) GDPR. If contact is made in order to initiate or conclude a contract, the applicable legal basis is Article 6 (1) lit. b) GDPR. For some of this processing, we use external agencies that have their headquarters in Germany and generally process the name, address, contact details and email address on our behalf.
Where you provide personal data via our fanpage (e.g. in comments), this is done on the basis of your consent pursuant to Article 6 (1) lit. a) GDPR. You can revoke this consent at any time, with effect for the future. If you wish to replace existing personal data held by us, we recommend that you contact our Customer Service department.
Within the context of competitions, data are collected for the purpose of their implementation and management. The relevant details, for example on which data are processed for which purpose, can be found in the data protection information notices and terms of participation for the respective competition.
3.3 Data processing for direct marketing purposes
We process personal data in order to inform you about our offers, innovations, products and services. Personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes on the basis of our legitimate interest. The legal basis for such data processing is Article 6 (1) lit. f) GDPR. You have the right to object to processing for direct marketing purposes at any time (see No. 4). Once we are in receipt of your objection, we will no longer process your personal data for these purposes.
3.4 Data processing for consultations without obligation
You agree that DHL Paket GmbH, Deutsche Post AG and DHL Express Germany GmbH may share data about their respective products, services and business relationships with each other and may organise their own and/or joint marketing measures in a customer-specific way based on the joint analysis and use of data. The consent applies both to data that are protected by postal secrecy (such as geographic volume data and shipment data) and also to other personal data (e.g. names and contact details of the contact persons). You also agree that all company units may reach out to you by telephone and email in relation to the entire portfolio. Details can be found in the supplementary data protection information and, if you re-consider matters at a later date, you can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future by sending an email to kundendaten[at]dhl.com. The legal basis for such processing is your consent pursuant to Article 6 (1) lit. a) GDPR.
4. What rights do users have?
In accordance with the GDPR, data subjects have the following rights:
- Pursuant to Article 15 GDPR, you can obtain information about your personal data that is being processed by the respective controller.
- Pursuant to Article 16 GDPR, you can obtain rectification if your data are not or are no longer applicable.
- Pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, you can obtain the erasure of your personal data.
- Pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, you have the right to obtain restriction of processing of your personal data.
- If the prerequisites of Article 20 (1) GDPR apply, you have the right to receive your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Pursuant to Article 77 (1) GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority.
- Pursuant to Article 21 (2) GDPR, you can object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time.
- Pursuant to Article 21 GDPR, you have a right to object where the processing of your data is based on a legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6 (1) lit. f) GDPR (see Nos. 3.1 and 3.2) and where you can demonstrate grounds for such objection which relate to your particular situation. You can submit your objection to our Instagram Customer Service team by providing your contact details, the specific processing operation to which you are objecting, the grounds for objection relating to your particular situation and the name of the fanpage.
or, in the case of an objection to the processing of page insights for statistical purposes (see No. 3.1), you can contact LinkedIn. If we receive a request which falls within the sphere of responsibility of LinkedIn, we will forward this on to LinkedIn for further processing.
If you wish to exercise your data subject rights vis-à-vis LinkedIn, please contact:
LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company
Wilton Place, Dublin 2
If you wish to exercise your data subject rights vis-à-vis us, please use the contact details provided under No. 2.