Shipping and purchase transaction
New international security measures for Airline industry and Freight Forwarders
As a direct result of the attempt to conceal and ship explosive devices on board aircraft destined to the United States of America, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has mandated immediate actions to increase airline cargo security for all inbound aircraft to the United States.
The U.S. Transportation Security Administration has issued additional security measures for the Airline industry and Freight Forwarders which are in effect as of Nov. 8 2010.
What DHL customers should know:
- There is a full embargo on all cargo originating or transferring from or transiting through Yemen or Somalia.
- The airline industry will implement a full ban on cargo which represents a heightened risk and is destined for or transiting the United States via passenger aircraft.
- Toner and ink cartridges are subject to enhanced security restrictions based on Government and airline directives.
- All cargo identified as "high risk" cargo will require additional security measures and will only be permitted on All Cargo aircraft and not on passenger aircraft.
- This security program will in addition impact international mail packages inbound to the United States.
- As a result of the directives, we anticipate that shipments consigned to the U.S. may be affected by transit time delays.
As one of the largest air cargo integrators and forwarders, DHL has robust security policies and procedures in place which meet all international aviation security requirements and regulations and has had these for many years.
DHL continues to work diligently and proactively with all relevant aviation authorities, representations from country legislative as well as industry bodies to ensure full compliance. Our aim is to support and collaborate on improving security aspects further and to ensure the safety of the general public, our customers and our employees.
DHL complies fully with all relevant directives and regulations issued globally and by single countries and authorities regarding recent developments. For security reasons, please understand we do not divulge details of our security standards, policies or procedures.
Bogus escrow service
Certain false offers of high-value items such as motorcycles, bicycles, computers, music equipment etc. on the Internet purport that the purchase transaction be secured and carried out via an escrow service. This bogus escrow service uses the name and layout of Deutsche Post DHL Group and its brands to give a legitimate impression and trustworthiness.
The bogus escrow service, with its offer of goods together with settlement via a trusted third party, is an attempt to persuade you to transfer the purchase price to an account held by criminals. The goods do not actually exist and are never sent.
This bogus escrow service has NOTHING to do with the Deutsche Post DHL Group. NO contract is concluded with the Deutsche Post DHL Group. The Deutsche Post DHL Group does NOT offer any escrow service of this kind.
We recommend that you contact your local police department as soon as possible if you have received or accepted such an offer.