Save time and money when creating your dutiable international shipments: With DHL Paperless Trade, you can easily submit your customs paperwork online, eliminating the need to print out and attach commercial or pro forma invoices and export documentation to your shipment.
- Save time: Simply transmit accompanying paperwork online
- Save money: Reduction of paper and printing costs
- Protecting the environment: Reduced paper consumption
- Faster customs clearance: Digital transmission of paperwork
- Individualize documents: Integrate digital signature and company logo into your invoices
How DHL Paperless Trade works
Use DHL Paperless Trade with ease
Simply click on the shipping solution you use to prepare your Express shipments and learn how to use Paperless Trade.
Paperless Trade is directly available for you in the online shipping system MyDHL+. Simply activate the function in your settings and benefit from the advantages the next time you create a shipment. Find out how easy it is in our video tutorials on how to activate and use Paperless Trade (both only available in German).
If you transfer your shipment data to DHL Express via one of these interfaces, PLT is available for you. Please contact your sales contact to find out how you can use PLT.
If you transfer your shipment data to DHL Express using a self-programmed shipping solution, please contact your sales contact. He will be happy to help you integrate the PLT service into your shipping setup.
If you handle your express shipments via your online shop and use the solutions of well-known providers such as Shopify, JTL, Magento, Shopware, woocommerce etc., please check with your shop provider whether they already offer a plug-in/add-in for using DHL Paperless Trade for express shipping.
Learn more about DHL Paperless Trade (PLT)
For some consignments, customs accompanying documents must be physically available in original form despite the use of PLT. In this case, customs documents are sent via your online shipping system with PLT as a digital image and the original documents additionally need to attached to the shipment. This applies to consignments for which the following documents (examples) must be enclosed:
- ATA Carnet
- certificate of origin
- proofs of preference, (e.g. invoices or other customary documents with original signed declarations of origin, movement certificates EUR.1, EUR.MED, A.TR, Form A)
- phytosanitary certificate
- CITES certificates
- documents for dangerous goods transport
PLT is free for all DHL Express customers
Not a DHL Express customer yet? Then simply get in touch with us!