DHL SERVICES FOR BUSINESS CUSTOMERS
Postal outlet routing:
The second chance for
If a recipient cannot be determined at the given address, the consequences are usually return postage costs, dissatisfied customers and the time and costs involved in resending the item. Thanks to postal outlet routing by DHL Business Customer Service, your undeliverable items get a second chance to reach their recipient and are left at the nearest postal outlet where they are kept for collection by customers.
Your benefits with postal outlet routing
- Items kept for collection seven working days
- Avoiding returns
- Greater customer satisfaction
Are you interested in postal outlet routing?
I am already a business customer of DHL Paket and would like to use postal outlet routing.
I am not yet a business customer of DHL Paket but am interested in postal outlet routing.
What is postal outlet routing?
If the recipient cannot be determined at the given address during a delivery attempt, the item is usually returned to you. With postal outlet routing, your undeliverable items get a second chance to reach their recipient. They are dropped off at the nearest postal outlet with a parcel collection point and kept there for collection by customers. The recipient will be notified by e-mail and has seven working days to pick up the item.
If the item is collected, the time and costs involved in a return can be avoided, increasing the satisfaction of your customers.
Hassle-free process for you
The postal outlet routing service can be ordered directly via DHL's dispatch logistics systems on the DHL Business Customer Portal. You can also use the service if you program your own dispatch logistics systems in-house.
Reliable service from DHL
When a recipient cannot be identified at the given address, postal outlet routing gives undeliverable shipments a second chance to reach their destination.
- DHL will store the item at the nearest postal outlet with a parcel collection point, where it will be held for collection for seven working days.
- By specifying the e-mail address in the data accompanying the item, you determine whether you or the recipient should be notified in the event of non-delivery (provided that the recipient has agreed to receive e-mail notifications). The notification will contain information for collecting the item (shipment number, postal outlet and address, deadline for collection).
- If, at the end of seven working days, the item has not been collected, it will be returned to the sender. In that case the return fee will be charged.
- Alternatively, you can generate the collection notification for the recipient yourself in accordance with the information on the DHL Developer Portal.
There is no initial charge for ordering the postal outlet routing service. Charges only apply if the item cannot be delivered and is therefore sent to the postal outlet (EUR1.99 in each case, plus VAT). If the item is not collected from the postal outlet, it will be returned to you and subject to the return fee.